It’s the question I’m asked most frequently by blog readers, Facebook fans, and friends from out of town. How can I save money when visiting the Children’s Museum of Indianapolis? So rather than drone on and on, let me give you the quick and dirty tips on how to visit the Children’s Museum on the cheap.
- Coupons, coupons, coupons! They’re out there. Sometimes online, sometimes in mailer magazines like Reach, sometimes in discount books like Discover Indy or Entertainment Books. They are always out there. For instance, during the month of January, you can save $5 off a Youth Admission with the purchase of an Adult Admission with this coupon right on the Children’s Museums’ site.
- Consider visiting on one of the many free admission days the Children’s Museum offers throughout the year. The first Thursday of every month from 4-8 PM, admission is always free as a part of Target’s Family Nights. Coming up in less than a week, admission will be free on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day – all day long!
- If you’re planning more than one visit, you might get more bang for your buck from a Membership to the museum than buying individual tickets each time. Right now, there’s a coupon good for $10 off a Family or Family Plus Membership which increases your savings even more.
- As cute as the little Dinosaur beverage bottles are, skip them and the food court and bring your snacks and drinks. You can enjoy them in the food court area or outside on the picnic tables without worrying that you’ll bring employee glares or be breaking a rule. They welcome you to do so.
- Set a budget or don’t even visit the gift shop. If your kids have the expectation of spending set amount, you’ll all be less grieved on the car ride home.
- Remember, parking is ALWAYS free. No validation required.
- Follow the Children’s Museum on Facebook, Twitter, or sign up for their e-news to keep up with exhibits, special events, enjoy give aways, and more!
What have I left out? How do you save when visiting the Children’s Museum?