Located just five miles from Indy’s Monument Circle, Irvington is one of the city’s best-kept secrets. Home to great dining and shops, this historic neighborhood is unbeatable. With a streetscape project complete, Irvington is more beautiful and visitor friendly than ever before. And for full disclosure, it’s also the place I call home.
Check out my top 12 picks for you:
1. Black Acre Brewing: Irvington’s own brewery, Black Acre, is a great place to grab a local brew with friends. They also offer trivia on Wednesdays and brunch on Sundays (bring your own coffee).
2. Black Sheep Gifts: An excellent source for unique gifts, whether they’re for you or that someone special.
3. Dufour’s in Irvington: Craving a homemade meal without the work and mess to clean up? Pop into this Irvington original.
4. George Thomas Florist: The most beautiful flowers in town (wink wink, fellas!).
5. Guitar Town: Channel your inner Clapton at this quaint guitar store on the Irvington strip. New, used and vintage acoustic and electric guitars.
6. Homespun: Modern Handmade: A unique location to pick up homemade gifts, tasty treats and original apparel.
7. Irving Theatre: Watch for a variety of shows and events happening at Irvington’s historic theatre.
8. Jockamo Upper Crust Pizza: An Irvington staple, this one of a kind pizza joint offers something for everyone. Pizzas are packed full of flavor. My favorite items are the spinach salad and the breadsticks with creamy parmesan!
9. The Legend Classic Irvington Cafe: Great family-owned spot for your next dinner date. Relaxed atmosphere with delicious comfort foods and local brews. Fantastic patio, too.
10. Wyliepalooza’s Ice Cream Emporium: Irvington’s newest addition that serves an assortment of unique ice cream flavors and bubble teas.
11. Indy Cycle Specialist: When in Irvington, do as the Irvingtonians do. Check out this great bike shop.
12. La Escollera: Ask for the shrimp ceviche. Just trust me on this one.
Tweet us your favorite way to discover Irvington (#IRV) at @VisitIndy. Enjoy the journey.