Jolly ‘ole St. Nicolas, lean your ear this way, tell us if you will where you plan to stay. Christmas Eve is coming soon to the Circle City, we long to come and visit you & sing this little ditty.
Ok, so I won’t be writing any Christmas music classics anytime soon. However, I wanted to round up some of the very best places to catch the man in red in Indy over the next few weeks, which are sure to move oh-so-quickly. Here’s a round up of the best places to make your holiday wish list known!
- Santa’s Mailbox on the Circle: Have your letter all ready to go? Don’t drop it in the traditional blue box. Instead head to the Special Delivery Mailbox on the Circle with your little elves. It’s a direct connection to big guy himself now through December 12. You can’t miss the half Santa/half Reindeer decorated box on east side of Monument Circle, facing Market Street. Don’t forget to include a self addressed stamped envelope in your letter so Santa can quickly reply!
- Santa Arrives by Helicopter: Sleighs are so 2012. Santa AND Mrs. Claus will touchdown at Celebration Crossing at the Indiana State Museum on Friday, November 29 at 1 pm via helicopter on the front lawn. They’ll take up residence through December 24 in a cozy little home on Level 3, receiving the requests of good little girls and boys.
- Santa at the Zoo. With all of those reindeer, there’s no doubt that St. Nick has a passion for animals. That’s exactly why he’ll be back for more fun at the Indianapolis Zoo this year. The annual Christmas at the Zoo celebration gets underway November 29. Every evening from 5-9 pm, in the warm Dessert Pavilion, Mr. and Mrs. Claus provide a wild experience of decorating cookies, taking photos, and hearing wish lists. There’s other great fun to be had, too! For full details, check out the schedule here.
- Race Car Santa. Only in Indy would Santa have the need for speed. He arrives at the Children’s Museum of Indianapolis on Friday, November 29 in a Dallara IndyCar as a part of the Jolly Days Exhibit (which is open Nov. 22nd – Jan. 5th). Get there early so you can see Santa vroom in around 9:15 am. He’ll remain at the Children’s Museum through Christmas Eve.
- Santa at the Farm. On Saturday, December 14, head to Trader’s Point Creamery for sleigh-hayrides, music, caroling, and SANTA. Don’t even think about leaving without tasting their organic, grass-fed eggnog.
- St. Nikolaus Fest. Want to teach your small ones about the root of this delightful holiday tradition? The Athenaeum Foundation brings you the perfect opportunity on Sunday, December 8. For all of the festive details and to purchase tickets, go here.
- Rowdie Claus. Just because it’s the off season for the Indianapolis Indians doesn’t mean Victory Field is devoid of Christmas Cheer. On Saturday, December 14, hometown mascot favorite Rowdie will transform himself into Rowdie Claus in the Victory Field Suite Lounge from 10 am to 2 pm. Crafts, snacks, Shopping, and more are a part of this FREE Event!
- Santa Gets His Hustle On. One Santa is pretty awesome, hundreds of Santas running through the streets of the Circle City takes holiday fun to a whole new level. On Sunday, December 15 the Santa Hustle Half Marathon and 5K will help Santa burn off those extra holiday pounds and enjoy a little red and white flash of cheer. Participate or just watch the fun, beginning at 9 am.
He’s certain to be all over the city in places I haven’t mentioned, too. That’s just the magic of Christmas right?
Where do you plan on visiting Santa in the Circle City this year?