Looking for something different to do while you’re in Indianapolis? Here are 28 things you have to do when you visit the Circle City.
1. Bike the Cultural Trail, the Monon Trail and the White River Parkway
2. Tour one of our many historic neighborhoods
3. Visit iMOCHA in Fountain Square
4. Tour the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Museum
5. Climb the stairs (or take the freight elevator) at the City County Building & enjoy the 26th floor museum
6. Enjoy amazing lobster ravioli at Iozzo’s
7. Jog to the many war memorials located in downtown Indy
8. Go to Chatham Tap on Mass Ave. Order montauks and the burger. Oh my wow.
9. Toss a football around at the American Legion Mall
10. Lunch at R Bistro for the panini with bacon
11. Take in a quirky show at the Phoenix Theatre just off Mass Ave.
12. Drink a German beer, the size of your head, at The Rathskeller
13. Enjoy old photos of Indy and great food at Tavern on South
14. Travel east to Irvington for a haunted tour
15. Sip tea at the Propyleaum
16. Get the scoop on Monument Circle by visiting South Bend Chocolate Company for a cone
17. Head to Fountain Square and sip on amazing ciders and mead at New Day Meadery
18. Sleepy? Calvin Fletcher’s Coffee in Fletcher Place will wake you up
19. Run, walk, jog, bike or grapevine along the canal
20. While on the canal, visit Creation Café in Buggs Temple for amazing sweet potato fries
21. Karaoke at Living Room Lounge on a Friday night
22. Have dinner at Taste on a Thursday night
23. Join the hipster dance party every first Tuesday at Lockerbie Pub
24. Take in the sights at Crown Hill Cemetery
25. After the cemetery tour, jet over to the Indianapolis Museum of Art for beautiful indoor and outdoor views
26. Brunch at Black Acre Brewery
27. Drink local brew! There are breweries and tasting rooms all over the city.
28. Shop at a local establishment. Silver in the City, Indy Swank and Homespun are great options.
All in all, I challenge you to get out, eat, be active and experience Indy like a local. I hope you find this list random and helpful! Tweet me some of your favorite ideas @natalieclayton1